Pack 66 has established the following Code of Conduct to help ensure a common language and understanding for behavioral expectations and consequences, allowing us to create an atmosphere conducive to fun, safety, and the values of Scouting.
An expectation of Cub Scouts, Parents, and Adult Leaders is to “do your best” and to follow the Scout Promise and the Law of the Pack!
- Respect one another. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Wear a proper uniform--clean, neat and complete--to all Scouting events.
- Demonstrate respect for all adults in authority.
- Pay attention, and in response to “signs up,” silently return the sign, stop talking, and listen.
- Scouts must use the “Buddy System” on all Den and Pack activities while not with the group.
- Scouts are NOT permitted to carry or use a knife during any Pack event. Bear and Webelos Scouts are only permitted to use a pocket knife during Den events and only under continuous supervision of an adult, and must have a “Whittling Chip” card in possession.
- Show respect for your surroundings, indoors and out, leaving them as good or in better condition than when they were found.
- Assist your child in learning the Pack 66 Code of Conduct.
- Work with Den and Pack Leaders as requested to ensure all children follow the code.
- Act as role models, demonstrating proper behaviors, language, and attentiveness to your child.
- Pay attention, and in response to the "signs up" signal, silently return the sign.
- Cub Scouting is a program based on parent (or guardian) and child participation. It is the policy of Pack 66 that a parent or an adult family member accompanies the Scout on all Pack and Den activities.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children during Pack and Den activities. No children will be allowed to roam around during or outside the meeting without adult/parent supervision.
- All scouts, parents, and leaders must follow the BSA Guide to Safe Scouting.
- There are NO pets, firearms, fireworks, drugs, smoking, or alcoholic beverages allowed on any Cub Scout outing.
- Youth Protection Guidelines must be observed at all times.
- There will be NO use of cursing or foul language or excessively rowdy, unruly, loud, disrespectful, disobedient, or disruptive behavior.
- Pack event or pack trip ticket fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the venue or pack.
Failure to observe any of the above-referenced rules and guidelines may result in disciplinary action. If the Adult Leader cannot resolve a disciplinary problem, the issue shall be presented to the Pack Committee. A majority vote of the Pack Committee shall decide any disciplinary issue. Any decision or action by the Pack Committee shall be final.
Cub Scouts, and their families, may be expelled from good standing from the Pack by a majority vote of the Pack Committee for failure to follow the policies of the Boy Scouts of America, Monmouth Council, or Pack 66.
All Scouts, parents, and Adult Leaders are participants of Pack 66 and are representatives of their community, family, and local Scouting Council. Therefore, all Scouts, parents, and Adult Leaders are asked to sign this Code of Conduct as a condition for participation with the further understanding that serious misconduct or infraction of behavior rules may result in expulsion from the Pack.